Monday, 12 October 2015

Dear J.W. friends....

Supreme Court of Appeal
   I've left this page OPEN for people to post questions on, and so I can ask questions. (vice versa)

    I don't know about you, but when I get something in my head, I tend to bulldoze over people, so I'm the one always talking. That's hardly fair!   Posting on a site like this makes it LESS disruptive to you and gives us both time to look up our answers. I hope to hear from you on the various questions that I post.
 
   In fairness, I do want to keep it peaceable. We may likely disagree on various issues, but let's try to be reasonable and friendly. Best case, at least civil.

     ANYONE coming onto this site with the express intent of causing arguments will be blocked from the site.  If I am called on a matter where I've been less than patient, I will apologize. I have relatives. I'm used to apologizing.  ;)

   That said, onto the first question:....  

   Q:  What IS the Jehovah's Witness Gospel?   I say this out of GENUINE CURIOSITY as I've spoken to JW's on the way to work but never able to get into any indepth discussion, as I'm on my way to work and usually in a hurry.


4 comments:

  1. Jehovah's Witnesses consider "the good news of the kingdom" to be the gospel that Christians are to share. They get this from their understanding of Matthew 24:14.

    They believe sin entered the world through Adam. Had he not eaten the forbidden fruit, all his children would be living forever in a paradise. JWs believe that Jesus was sent by the Father, Jehovah, to restore that.

    Their gospel consists of Jesus' shed blood buying 144,000 persons throughout church history to make up a heavenly government or kingdom. This is the basis of their "good news of the kingdom." It is under this government they believe paradise will be restored.

    In Watchtower teaching, a person can now be in line to survive an imminent Armageddon by joining themselves to the remnant of that 144,000. How does a person join themselves? By accepting a free home Bible study with Jehovah's Witnesses -- the people already joined to them!

    Because of this belief, it is very important for members to STAY IN THE ORGANIZATION. They sincerely believe "Jehovah's organization" is the sole channel of communication between man and God. In fact, the average JW does not have Jesus Christ as their mediator as the Bible says at 1 Timothy 2:5 but rather has the "faithful and discreet slave" as their spirit-directed mediator between them and God. Their literature plainly states that Christ is mediator only for the 144,000 (worldwide security under the prince of peace page 10; 4/1/79 WT pg 31; 11/15/79 WT pg 27)

    In short, the gospel according to Jehovah's Witnesses is "come to Jehovah's organization for salvation" (11/15/81 WT pg 21)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie :) Thanks so much! YIKES..... If I read this properly, only a certain group of people were given salvation by Christ, and the rest of us would have to trust a group of guys from Brooklyn.

      But where is that, in 1 Tim 2:5, where is says there is ONE God and ONE mediator between God and men; the Man Christ Jesus. I mean, there's no TWO mediators so how does this. To me, it's a matter of simple math. ONE mediator isn't TWO and 1 Tim 2:5 doesn't leave any room for a 2nd mediator. It's emphatic. ONE MEDIATOR.

      That said, HOW can people be 100% certain that going to the Watchtower will guarantee eternal life rather than going to Christ? "For there is NO OTHER NAME under heaven given among men by which we must be saved." (Acts 4:12) or "I am THE Way, THE Truth and THE Life. NO ONE comes to the Father except through Me." (John 14:6) If the Watchtower is the mediator for the rest of the 'sheep', then what does that verse mean?

      Delete
    2. Excellent questions Joanna. How do you suppose an active and sincere JW at your door might respond?

      Delete
  2. Okay..... shows what happens when you're trying to do two things at one time..... I read over my reply and it doesn't make sense. And there's no way to edit my reply, so here are a few corrections....

    **** Where IS that? (with question mark).

    ****In 1 Tim 2:5 it says, "There is ONE GOD and ONE MEDIATOR.... " There are not TWO mediators so HOW does this WORK? (forgot to add the word WORK).

    **** Where is THAT? (forgot to add the question mark).

    These places need edit buttons.

    ReplyDelete

I want to ask as well as answer questions, so please, let's keep things civil.